Thread: 2003 BT Crusier
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 11:50 PM   #1
stevef

Default 2003 BT Crusier

We purchased a used 2003 5230 BT Cruiser this past spring. Even after hearing some negative comments here and there. But was well kept, yes it had a few minor problems to be expected. It had been lightly hit in the back and cracked the fiberglass up right. and it had a few leaks as expected. So after having everything checked out mechanically, we set out from Minnesota down to Alabama. and over all it was good. Small problems showed up that I can't find any information on how to fix them. Oh and I must add we ran into rain 5 days of rain. The only leak we can not find or fix is the upper right of the passenger door, checked all the door gaskets they are fine, but my wife had to have a towel on her leg to stay dry. we had the problem of water siphoning out of the fresh water tank, could use ideas for this. It handled great under 65 when you are on the freeway at 70 it shakes pretty bad, we checked out the tires and alignment and they were just fine. don't know what to look for. I would like to replace a few parts but given the age of the unit they seem to be pretty hard to come by. Oh yes the passenger arm rest is stuck in the up right position.
For us these are minor problems. but would like to figure them out.given it has 80000 miles on it, we feel it is still a good unit.
part of our reason for purchasing a older unit is we had to modify the slide out. we took out the table and one side of the seating, I am disabled and needed to install a special chair.
If anyone has any ideas of how to fix these problems or know where we can get information it would be greatly appreciated.
thank you
Steve
stevef is offline   Reply With Quote