Thread: 2003 BT Crusier
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 07:01 AM   #11
Grumpy

Hi, I have a 5230 and had this problem also. I have done some extensive work to the water system since I had to remove the couch and tank to replace the floor underneath from the previous owner's neglect. We're probable the 3rd or 4th owner.

Basically I disconnected the original overflow and plugged the hole. I ran tubing from the drain outlet of the tank to the drain port, after the drain valve, and have a loop in the tubing that goes up about 5 inches. This allows the tank to vent and not siphon out when you drive. Have it this way for about 3 months and I can fill my tank up to the top.

Also worth mentioning here is that I used two rubber stoppers from Home Depot to plug the vent and the fill ports. I only use the fill port to add chlorine to the tank occasionally as my plumbing now allows me to fill from the fresh water hookup on the other side.

We've had this unit since 2015, it's our first, and are putting a number of mods on it trying to bring it up to present standards and we love it.

Happy camping!
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote