View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 06:24 AM   #7
Dieldrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_plaid View Post
I started out looking for a 198bh but settled on a 2021 199dd that has the larger fridge that can run off of propane. No regrets so far. Interestingly enough...i got a way better deal on the 199dd...$12900 plus tax. Battery and full propane tank included. I didnt even have to negotiate the price as they were the lowest nationwide.
Ive been camping for 36 years, I love getting lost in remote areas, for me thats what its all about.
Two weeks ago was the first time I ever camped in a place that had water and electric (Jellystone for the kids) WOW what a luxury.
I ususally have a cooler for food and a cooler for beer, I loved the Fridge, so much easier not having the second cooler. Not to mention the wife appreciated the AC overnight.
That being said I'm tring to figure out if I can run my small AC fridge off of my batteries and an inverter topping the batteries off via solar. Rather than dropping $1k on a 3 way fridge

The reason I was asking about the fridge is because I really beat up the dealer when I bought the camper, we had words, I thought they might have switched out the fridge and tried to sell it back to me. Just to stick it to me.
I took the camper brand new and had them install a weight distribution hitch with sway control for $11K out the door no tax no registration fees, $11k period. After the paperwork was done they were installing the WDH and they were teaching me the ins and outs, they tried to sell me a 3 way fridge and installation... I didnt think much of it then because I was strictly dry camped all my life but in hindsight I wouldnt put it past them...
Dieldrin is offline   Reply With Quote