View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 12:37 PM   #12
Texas TC

I would really like to drive the International chassis with shocks to see the difference. From where I stand now, the air ride system is the only way to go. We did almost 700 miles from Texas to New Mexico on our first day out and another 400+ miles on the second day to the kids house in Arizona. What I noticed most about the new air ride system is the way it smooths out the dips and bumps in the road. No more jarring of the rear of the coach during these adverse road conditions. For the first time, there were no clothes off the hangers or throw pillows on the floor from off the bed. Although I would still like to find some better shocks for the front of the coach, I really don't think I need them now as much as before because the air system actually improves the ride in the drivers seat by not giving the bounce or cantilevering off the rear axle that I had experienced before adding the ACE system.

I was particularly curious about how it would handle in winds and around other high profile vehicles while now sitting on two really large air bags. The conclusion is PERFECT! As you may know, New Mexico and Arizona are known for high winds. I did not know the wind was blowing until we stopped for fuel.

My preliminary assessment of the system is that it is great and well worth the money if you plan, as I do, on keeping the coach for a long time. At 30,000 miles, mine just keeps running better and the new air system accentuates the driving experience.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote