Thread: TV antenna
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 01:51 PM   #5
maddog53

Right, not good at all. Now get this.....I bought my trailer at a dealership that has 6 spread out through the State. I figured that I would be able to use the one closer to my house. (I bought my trailer 2 3/4 hours away because they had my trailer in stock. I asked my salesman for the service guy at the dealership closer to me, and called him. The guy told me that they do not do Warranty work on Gulf Streams because they do not sell them. The one branch does, but not this one. He tried to explain to me that there is extra paperwork and they usually do NOT do the work on a trailer brand that they don't sell. I fired out a scathing email to my salesman explaining all of this crap, and that I was pissed because I paid for 'dealer prep' and my antenna issue SHOULD have been found. I told him that I am extremely pissed because his sister dealership basically told me no. I contacted another reputable dealership within my area explaining my situation and asking if they can do the warranty work and they sent me back a one word answer no. REALLY??? I fired out a reply just letting them know that a one word answer is terrible customer service and that they should be ashamed. They replied that the reply was not meant for me. Well, that still doesn't get my trailer fixed. back to the dealership I bought from. When I was done telling my salesman how pissed I was and that it is pretty rotten that need to drive 5 1/2 hours round trip to get something fixed THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN FOUND BEFORE I PICKED TRAILER UP. He emailed back and asked me what day during the week is best for me as they will send a driver down here to get trailer, take it to be repaired and drive it back. I feel a little serious bitching will get you places if you feel that you were wronged. This is a great finish to this situation, as long as they don't take forever to fix it. Other than that, people, beware about where you can take the trailer to get fixed. Gulf Stream has told me that ANY licensed facility CAN do warranty work. I ran into a couple that basically turned me down and that is not right. Gulf Stream has been notified and I will be contacting these 2 places that told me no and giving them a piece of my mind. I will feel better when do that.
maddog53 is offline   Reply With Quote