View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 03:47 PM   #24
Track29

Hey 95GulFship102,

I'm very pleased to see your post as I also have a '95 Friendship. I have many questions because I'm starting a total rehab on mine. I now have a long-term lease on a 50' x 52' warehouse space with a garage door big enough to pull into and that has been my hold up for several years. I have several sources to pass along to you if you would like. My transmission shifter keypad was worn out so badly that I started using the eraser end of a pencil to make contact enough to shift. The RV dealer wanted to sell me a $2,800 replacement module as a fix. I located an electronics repair shop in Texas who told me that the keypad is just a plug & play item and he had several pads at $50 each. When I questioned the operational quality of the controller itself, he just told me to send the module to him and he would give it a full bench service for $50 to make sure it was fully functional. That being said, the RV dealer fix estimate of $2,800 cost me $100 plus freight, about $128 total !! He told me he gets modules and keypads from RV dealers for nearly nothing every time they sell a $2,800 fix ?!?
I also have a full owner's manual for our model. My other great find was a Haldex L31103 Pure Air Plus Air Dryer replacement for $240 from a wholesale truck parts distributor. Again, a $960 RV dealer fix. It took about 30 minutes to replace. I still have some electrical challenges ahead because my batteries aren't charging while connected to a landline. I'll be upgrading all the lighting to LED and tricking out all the sound and AV gear, all that's a no-brainer for me since I was involved in the music biz for more than 40 years before becoming a General Contractor. Hence, I'll be doing almost all of the work in my shop.
When people tell me I'm wasting my time on such an older model, I tell them it's just another remodel as far as I'm concerned, on a project with good bones. Well maintained, the family-owned model with low mileage, and very little abuse !! Besides that, I'm 69 and want to putter on a project that makes me happy .....
Again, glad I saw this post, and if want any of my sources, let me know.

Happy RVing,
David
Track29 is offline   Reply With Quote