View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 08:02 AM   #1
RJ82much

Default oil change on Chevy 8.1

I tackled something I wasn't sure I could. I changed the oil & oil filter on my Sun Voyager today. I was probably a little intimidated because of the sheer size. Turns out to be an easy task.

Put some blocks of wood under the front levelers... & lifted the coach well into the air. Once you get underneath, it's like a cavern. Drain plug & filter easily accessible. Used a Fram PH8873. WalMart sells them. The Workhorse manual calls for some really weird part number, but the tag on the filter I removed said to replace with ACDelco PF454. I guess if you follow the owner's manual, Chevy likes you to go to a a $95 per hour dealer or service center for your oil change.

Getting the 7 quarts of 5w30 (manual recommended) into the filler-neck was a little tricky, but doable. I used a rectangular funnel but really need one with a short, curved tube because the filler neck is nearly horizontal.

I report this in case there are others who are afraid to tackle the job, but need to save some $'s somehow. I figure thats another 10 gallons of gas I can afford & another 60 miles I can travel! Ha Ha Ha.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote