View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 09:51 AM   #7
proost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck v View Post
Chuck,

A full inspection is highly recommended. Remember that a motorized RV has all the maintenance needs of a home plus all the maintenance needs of an over the road vehicle COMBINED. One thing to be sure you do is look for any water damage. The roof of the coach needs to be inspected and all calking renewed every few years, particularly if the coach is not garaged or stored under cover. Roof maintenance is much cheaper than any water damage repair...

Good luck with your shopping, and post back here when you make a decision. This forum is a good place to get specific Tour Master questions answered, and be sure to look through the archives on what other owners have done to improve their coaches.

Chuck
Hi Chuck,

Hey, how did you lubricate your slides in your Tour Master? The main slide, the electric bed slide and the passenger side closet slide? At a glance, it looks like the only slide that would benefit from slide lube is the bed slide.

For the closet slide, it's tough to send out and the cables seems to be in good shape. Had one replaced in Aug and had to tighten it up after the fact. The extension difficulty predated that replacement.

For the main slide, to get it back in, I have touch it in, leave it for a few minutes, and then extend it out and then pull it in. I think it gets stuck across the top so think I have to "break the seal," etc.

Thanks Chuck.

Phil
proost is offline   Reply With Quote