View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 07:11 PM   #3
wvlwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimTim View Post
wvlwolf - where is home for you and what do you use your 6400 for? We mostly use our 6400 for extended stay motorcycle trips (mostly woods riding) and my wife uses it to go to her horse shows. There was another 6400 owner on here that did an incredible job updating the inside of their 6400. I will see if I can find his post. He had a very rare 6400 as it was a 2011 or 12 that came from GS with the DT466 engine and the Allison 3000 transmission. I think GS only made two 6400's with this engine and transmission combination. He only had it about a year before selling it so hopefully it went to a good home.
ST, we current reside in Eastern Tennessee, we purchased it to visit our daughters who are both military and stationed throughout the country. I am retired and still trying to figure out what I want to do when I grow up. Our goal is to either get an enclosed trailer that can tow the wife's car and the motorcycle or get a crew cab 1/2ton pickup that the bike will fit in the bed and flat tow it.

The engine on this rig is great because it a pre-egr model so no emissions to kill the engine even more. We have put 40k miles on ours since 2017 and had our share of mechanical issues with the rig but hopefully past most of that now.

We have looked at other rigs out there but none of them have the tank or sleeping capacity of this rig. The closest thing out there that we have liked was the Dynamax Dynaquest XL 37RB and even that was just nice because of the amenities and more floor space, it still lacked tank and sleeping capacity. I think if we could figure out how to open up the living area more this would be a no brainer for us.

Sorry to data dump on you but it is great having people that have been there done that. I have done a few mods to ours but I am not sure if it is anything that would be worth putting on the site. Most of the stuff you guys are putting up is real technical ideas. These are just things that I have figured out to make life easier with this rig.

Thanks again for the conversation and assistance.
Charles
wvlwolf is offline   Reply With Quote