View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 07:10 PM   #3
SlimTim

Prior to purchasing my GS Supernova I had a 34' motor-home built on the Kodiak chassis with the 6.6 Duramax and Allison transmission. I can tell you without a doubt the Supernova on the International chassis is much nicer to drive. Power on both vehicles was about the same but the heaver International truck chassis and the 22.5 tires (19.5 on the Kodiak) make it much more stable and comfortable.

In regards to the engine, both the VT365 (AKA 6.0) and the 6.6 Duramax had some issues. However the VT365 seemed to have more than the Duramax. I also put the Bullet Proof Diesel EGR cooler as well as the BPD oil cooler in my Supernova and so far so good. If you search this site for Bullet Proof Diesel oil cooler it should come up.

I have always been under the impression the only Gulf Stream's that were true "Supernovas" were called Supernovas. For example I have a Supernova 6400, it's not a GS Supernova Endura as the the Enduras are Gulf Stream Enduras; but I could be full of sh!t.

If all things are equal in the two RV's I would go with the International chassis over the Kodiak any day.

Good Luck
SlimTim is offline   Reply With Quote