View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 09:01 PM   #5
CAP

Another thought....when I was trouble shooting my problem with Dave at RV One in Elkhart was he told me to look under the edge of the slide. There is a metal support that runs from the front to the back and about 4" up from the bottom edge. The slide is closed. I had to use a mirror to check it, but there was rust on some of the bar but not all. Turns out, where the rust was is where I had the major problem with the inside damage. After I sent photo's to Dave, he said bring 'er out. Hooked my toad up and drove from Long Island to Indiana to get further assessment. It wasn't good. The only thing I can think of now is the floor in the rig (not the slide floor) was slightly warped which made the shavings happen. I know the slide floor had to be rebuilt. Where I was getting the shavings was in alignment with the front of the dinette seat. It could have been hitting a bolt from the dinette seat through the slide floor. The floor in the rig was sanded down and sealed. Can't tell you if he wore a hazmat suit or not.