View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 11:15 AM   #8
CaryL

CAP many thanks for the meticulous album of pictures of the damage. It looks like a real nightmare that hopefully your input can save the rest of us.

Unfortunately 5k for all the work done looks like a fair price and it may be a good deal higher at other shops.

I plan to seal the top of my seals. Maybe some drain holes at the bottom of the seals might be wise as well. I have been told not to lube the aluminum tracks but I am thinking of lubing the axles of the rollers underneath. Definitely look to hear from others as well on their experience. Being stuck at a campsite with a slide out stuck out is my biggest concern.

Also suspicious of other factors with the slide out. Mine has a lot of storage with wardrobe, pantry, overhead bins, dinette, 3 storage drawers and an outside compartment. No one has mentioned a weight limit on the slide out but it could be an issue and I hope Gulf Stream would post advice on it. I am also thinking of a carrier on the trailer hitch to store stuff instead of some storage in the slide out.

As always thanks for your input.
CaryL is offline   Reply With Quote