View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 07:09 PM   #6
Chuck v

Deb,

Thanks for posting these pictures! My coach's chassis was also made in 2006 but the vehicle was registered as a 2007 model because that was when the 'house' was completed. If your title says it is a 2007, then a 2007 it is.

In the first image top row, the double lamp icon is most likely the ICC switch, or perhaps a way to flash the clearance lights as trucker's do to say "thanks". The lightening bolt switch is a bit of a mystery if it is not the gen start switch -- you may have to experiment with it to find out for sure.

In the first image, second row, the note icon is the radio switch I described above, and the cloverleaf icon is the fan. The next switch is the battery bonding or emergency start switch that was described above.

Your second image shows the mirror adjustment joystick which has three rotation positions -- the outer ones are the left and right mirror selection and the center open dot is an off position to keep from accidentally changing the mirror position once you get them adjusted to your liking. Next to the joystick is a small rocker switch...I bet that this is the electric heaters/defrosters in the mirrors. The remaining item in that image is the hour meter for the generator.

The last image is the switches located in your stairwell, as these are switches you might adjust as you enter or leave the vehicle. The bottom two momentary rocker switches controlling battery disconnect switches and each will activate high current relays elsewhere in the coach to turn off and on the house batteries or the chassis batteries. When lit, the batteries for that switch are connected and when not lit, they are disconnected. The other three switches control the front overheat light on the right, the power step (automatic or off) in the center, and the porch light outside the coach door on the left of this grouping.

The step switch will leave the step in the last position (retracted or extended) in one rocker position and will allow the step to be automatic with the opening of the door in the other rocker position. Please note that if you start the engine, the steps will retract independent of what position this rocker is in...

If you are storing your coach in a lot with out any shore power connection, it is best to disconnect both the chassis and house batteries to avoid them going dead in storage. If you are connected to shore power as in an RV park, leave the house batteries connected if you are only going to be away for a few days.

When I was living in my coach full time, I added a float charger to the chassis batteries from the shore power so I could leave these two switches in the connected state almost all of the time.

Hope this helps.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote