View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 07:27 AM   #7
KRoseVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossross View Post
Good process, why do you drain the black water and grey water twice, especially if need to be at sanitary dump? Your procedure adds anti freeze into the water system starting at the pump, which fills all the supply lines with anti-freeze so probably will need more than 1 gallon. Also could you address my main point that the fresh water tank does not completely drain. How much (inches) water if left in your tank when drained? Assuming there is almost an inch in the bottom, what do you do with that?
The second draining of the Black water and Gray water tanks are very little water and can be drained easily into a Homer Bucket. (5 gallon) and dumped in the toilet. It is clean water and some pink antifreeze.
I use approximately 1 gallon for the process but then dump some more antifreeze into the toilet after the second dump as I plan to drive to Florida in late January. I keep 3 gallons of RV antifreeze with me for the trip to flush the toilet during the trip south and coming back north. I also de-Winterize when I get far enough South. I re- Winterize when heading back north.
Concerning the Fresh Water Tank, I leave it in the drain position until I am ready to re-fill it as I reach a location far enough South. Last year it was right at the FL border Flying J. The water in the bottom of the tank will continue to drain on my trip back north due to the motion of the vehicle. Since I park in my insulated Barn, I have never had a problem. Also, the fresh water tank in my rig is inside the cabin under the folding couch. If really concerned, I could place my electric space heater at a “freeze guard” setting when I am at the farm.
I hope some of this helps.
KRoseVideo is offline   Reply With Quote