View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 12:11 PM   #10
tarheel

Default Re: Replacing Interior Blinds Question

A friend of mine was able to order directly from Irvine after talking to a VP. I tried, but had to go through a distributor. I took all of my information, including the contact information for Irvine, names of their sales people, etc. from their web site, (Camping World told me they didn't know about Irvine) to the Camping World in Garner, NC for a special order. They sent Irvine a list of all of my sizes that I prepared for a price quote. I imagined I would have to pay substantially more than my friend that was able to order direct, but it wasn't much more. CW told me they put a 30% markup on the price they gave me. On one common size (72"W X36"H), my final price was $112 and he paid less than $100. On the MCD price list that I received at the Tampa show, their price is $320 for that size on their American Duo shade. There might be a difference in quality, I don't know, but looking at another friends coach that has MCDs, I can't tell any difference in quality. Shipping on my order was $256 for the 14 dual shades.

Irvine had the screens in either black or brown and three shades for the night blinds. They also have brackets that can be mounted to either the wall or overhead. If you need any additional information, send me a PM.

Dick