Thread: slideout leak
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 11:31 AM   #6
bfrazier

I have a triple slide that had leaks, the water invariably ran down the seals and into the carpet and onto the underlayment. Slides seemed to close correctly. Seals were in good condition and of the OEM size and type. It has, evidently, been a common flaw right out of the Gulfstream factory.

Fortunately my repairman was a factory installer for many years and was very aware of the problem. He made, for lack of a better description, little cups or drip pans at the bottoms of each seal with drain tubes that catch the water and direct it outside. These are either not visible or barely visible - and a hard to get to place for the d.i.y'er. This procedure fixed the leak issues for us 100%, and was as I recall about $500 in labor for all three slides. It was not something I feel I could do myself even being fairly handy, as it took experience to not only identify the issue but to construct and implement the solution.

His name is Gerald Armstrong, owner of Armstrong RV Repair in Oregon near Eugene, and his phone number is 541-744-8050

I trust him 100% and he's done lots of other work for me.
bfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote