Thread: SN Shocks
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 10:32 AM   #4
pwerwagn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyf View Post
Perfect, thanks. Will call them once I’m ready to do the shocks, my coach already has Monroe shocks upfront, but nothing in the back.

I added the Timbren rear suspension enhancers, part number RES001 for future reference . They are mainly rubber springs. Had to raise the MH so the suspension hung free, remove the stock bump stops, drill four holes on each side and install the Timbrems. Back end raised ~1.25 inches, haven’t drove it yet with the Trimbrens but will soon. They have a 8600 lb load capacity. Did not want air bags, such as airlift, as it’s more to break and fool with. Also was not spending all that cash for an aftermarket air ride retrofit.

Still gathering parts to add the shocks, should have everything next month.
Im curious how you like the Timbrens, report back when you drive it. Mine has rubber cushioned shackle hangers so the ride is great, but I need to lift the rear a touch when Im towing heavy. I havent had great luck with Timbrens on my trucks, and did air bags on my last Super C. This one is already way better than the Kodiak chassis was, so I contemplating replacing those IH bump stops with Sumo Springs version of the timbren.

When you talk to King, they should offer both a 2.5" version and a 3" diameter version (at one time they did). The 3" version is pricey, but definitely adds control. We run Kings on our race trucks, and it is amazing how much more control the larger piston gives us (one of the trucks had 4" diameter King Kong 5 tube bypasses...they are amazing).

Having said that, I have the 2.5" version on my supernova and they work great too.

--Jeff