View Single Post
Old 04-26-2022, 02:02 PM   #9
Chuck v

Here are some other generic suggestions:
Motorhomes – from the outside, look through the driver’s side windshield or search around the driver’s area of the cockpit.
If a quick search in these places doesn’t turn up your VIN, keep up the search using the lists below.
Keep in mind the VIN may be on a vinyl or paper sticker, on a metal plate welded somewhere onto your RV or it could be stamped right into your metal frame.

Motorhome VIN Locations:

• Through the windshield on the driver’s side (like on an automobile)
  • On or inside the driver’s door or passenger’s door
  • Inside an interior cabinet where other information is listed such as RV’s unloaded weight, carrying capacity and equipment information
  • In an outside storage compartment – check the door and the walls of the compartment
  • Inside the engine compartment – on the engine itself or on the engine compartment wall
  • On the steering column
  • Under driver’s window on the inside wall
  • To the left side of the instrument panel
  • Under driver’s window near driver’s knee
Heads Up – Motorhomes Have Two VIN’s

Motorhomes have two VIN’s. One VIN is for the completed motorhome and one is for the chassis (the framework the motorhome is built on).
Motorhome manufacturers such as Thor, Tiffin, Fleetwood and Newmar build their motorhomes on top of a chassis and engine combination.
Motorhome manufacturers buy their chassis from outside companies such as Freightliner, Spartan or Mercedez-Benz.

I vaguely remember that the chassis ID was found inside the engine compartment by opening the rear access door -- needed it when registering the coach in a different state than its original title. As I no longer own this coach, I can't go out a nd check it for you, sorry.

Your title should show the VIN number as well --are you trying to match it up to the title or need it for some other reason?

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote