View Single Post
Old 05-01-2022, 09:52 PM   #12
Bike Dr

I'm not disagreeing or mean no disrespect. A transfer switch is a very simple system as you mention. But I have seen it first hand however rare. But that being said why take the chance. Why would you need two power sources connected at the same time. Other then convenience. I have found that anything man made is designed and will fail only God made is perfect! When I seen the switch fail and the circuit clashed before it triped it wipped out everything sensitive like chargers and laptops and tvs. It also took out the fridge and micro. People are sure welcome to do what they want but I see no reason to take that chance and have never had an issue.. things just happen but I do know mr Chuck if anyone understands electric on this site it is you for sure!

On an added note I have also seen them fail on a house unit when the gen went to shut down from the power company and burnt the house to the ground the fire investigation determined the transfer switch failed created the hot spot.. but I do have to mention how rare it is! And so is getting struck by lightning. And I don't gamble!! Couldn't afford it anyway with the price of fuel now!!
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote