Thread: WE DID IT!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 09:38 AM   #5
RJ82much

There has been success on the technical documentation availability issue. How much was due to the petition is unknown, but it did not hurt.

In addition to the petition, many owners have been in personal contact with important persons at GS, & expressed concern, outrage, & all emotions in between.

For example, I had a long phone conversation with the (now retired) head electrical engineer. He agreed with our position that we needed electrical schematics, & was actively attempting to correct the sad situation.

At another time during a factory visit, I was fortunate to access the ear of the 2nd most influential member of the company. This vice president whole-heartedly agreed with us also, & was actively working to change the corporate position. He said that PDFs would be available,,, and they were.

I was not the only owner who was able to capture his attention.

As a result of all the persistance (his & ours), the creation of PDF schematic files was approved & are now supplied, on request. It is my understanding that DVD/CDs are supplied with new MH units - this may be sporadic though.

The absence of GS-generated documentation has improved. The company seems to be making great strides to improve thier image, though obviously from the reports, there is a long way to go. It seems as though, IF you can get in touch with someone at the factory, you stand a good chance of obtaining requested documentation.

Oh, I forgot, I believe there are additional documents available on the evolving, improved www.Gulfstreamcoach.com website. I haven't checked.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote