View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 12:43 PM   #2
Chuck v

Default Re: TV replacment and relocation

Kate,

Here is a thread that addresses this for the 2007 year model TourMaster -- not sure what differences there may be in the later ones. It includes the steps needed to remove the original TV and install a higher quality one. In my case, I chose a Samsung unit that was the approximately right dimension with a full HDTV functionality. If your coach does not yet have HDMI input to the TV, be sure to add that cable to support a Bluray player if you don't already have one.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2471

I am not sure that the 32 inch size television receiver and cabinet would meet the height and vision clearance requirements of the driver's line of sight for licensing vehicles of this type if it were centrally located in the overhead, but you could likely put a somewhat smaller display in the existing center overhead cabinet if you want to completely rewire the entertainment center to relocate the devices currently in that space. You may have noticed that even large displays are being used in coaches recently by having them retract onto the ceiling (folding up when traveling...) and you might be able to have your coach customized in a similar way. Professional installation would likely be required in this case.

Hope this is helpful -- I recall the change-out of the TV in my coach was a bit complicated and needed a small amount of cabinet modification (primarily trim and grill work...) but certainly can be done by an owner without paying a dealer/re-modeler/repair shop to do it. Re-location would be more involved, of course...

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote