View Single Post
Old 04-17-2022, 04:55 PM   #3
hossross

Use the VIN on the vehicle windshield. this will be the VIN of the chassis. The motor home can be called any year so don't use the coach serial number. The model year and engine is coded in the VIN so go to Ford and get the right year and engine information or look up on internet how to decode the Vin for engine type. If you have the Gulf Stream, then you don't have the 2006 Coachmen Mirada, as that is motorhome from another manufacture. Don't know how the VIN got you there. Yes Jasper is a major rebuilder of engines and transmissions. I have also not used them, but I would trust them in they are big enough to rebuild multiples of the same product back to specs and not just a few times rebuilder. The easiest will be the exact replacement, however if you are not satisfied with power or ???? now is the time to investigate differences to be recognized and understood before any final decisions for an upgrade, You will probably have to contact any engine supplier (Jasper, or Fraser) for your RV application Tell them it is a chassis and powertrain supplied to Gulfstream for a Class A RV build. I'm guessing its a superduty 550. For instance the super duty 350 or 450 would be a cab and cutaway with powertrain for a Class C . Hope this gets you started in right direction
hossross is offline   Reply With Quote