View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 09:48 AM   #3
israndy

Most RVs do not pick up a lot of miles in a year, what some people (like me) do is get used tires. Someone puts many many miles on the tires in a short time and then gets more tires and the old ones still have lots of tread. But more importantly, they have LOTS of years left in them. RV tires fail from old age, maybe 8 years and the sidewalls start to crack. If you get used tires that have enough tread but are only a year old you will spend perhaps 1/3rd of new tires and get the same number of years before you need to replace them again.

The hard part is finding used tires in your size. I used CraigsList and I drive however far needed to get them. Install is same-day and you can make a road trip out of it, visit the sights near the place you found. Depending on how far you may be willing to drive a great site is AllOfCraigs.com as they give you the results from a search on all locations, not just local.

When I got my RV and again when I got my Jeep I used a place in Concord CA that is only 25 miles away. I checked every day and it was just a few weeks before they had my size. The Sprinter and the Jeep use the exact same Michelins. Crazy.

-Randy