View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 12:54 PM   #4
cvbdsl

I've been doing a lot of research on the same model, but actually want one slightly larger.
They are on the International 4200 chassis and may or may not have duel fuel tanks (dealers usually just copy the literature where it shows 2 tanks).
With some of the longer models people have complained of a rough ride but it seems 36 feet or less is basically fine. Just don't expect an air ride experience - it is a truck frame and truck suspension.

The engine (maxxforce diesel) has some controversy because it was used by Ford. Ford made changes that caused a lot of problems and by association all Maxxforce engines are tarred with the same brush.

These engines (without Ford mods) work as well as any other diesel and are used in thousands of school buses. My local diesel shop runs a fleet of buses and has no issues with the Maxxforce compared to other diesels. No better and no worse in his opinion.

There have been some recalls and modifications on the 2008 model year - don't recall exactly what at the moment. You can do the research and if it has the mods fine, if not I don't think they were too complicated.

The one I'm looking at (DW thinks it is too small at 31 feet) has had several mods by the previous owner including the install of a combo washer/dryer.
My main concern is he changed the couch as well and I'm not sure if it is still a fold out bed and has seat belts. (The MH is located at a dealer - days drive away- and the dealer really doesn't know - what else is new?).

It seems that 2008 models are becoming more common on line now and are close to my price point.

Good luck and have fun.

Chris
Retired Canadian Army WO (1972-2000)
2008 Holiday Rambler Scepter 42 PDQ
Toad 2018 Ford Edge w/ Patriot Braking system/Blue Ox base plate/Ready Brake tow bar.
cvbdsl is offline   Reply With Quote