View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 07:38 AM   #8
Ikcaj

Thanks, that does help a lot! My initial instinct (that's really all is was), was that the heat was causing the tripping. Long story short it worked fine for 6 weeks straight, set on auto, it ran itself 24/7 to keep RV at 80F max. We moved to a location with no shade in middle of a heat wave and it starts tripping. At first it would run at night when temps were lower. We had several weeks of 100+ temps with very little relief. I only ran the fan, which still runs fine and would attempt compressor on some nights (just to see what would happen basically- probably not the best idea).

Now we have window units (properly installed with plywood boxes) that plug in directly to site pole. I haven't turned on A/C in four weeks and only have run the fan twice on really hot days. It still works fine.

I know from reading the more a breaker trips the more damage is done so I'm pretty certain I still have to replace it just due to frequentcy of tripping it.

As for the lightening that is high on my to-do list. I'm seeing one of our (what appear to be original fixtures) starting to show discoloration from the heat of the bulb, so we're not using that one at the moment.

Being on a fixed income, I can only do so many upgrades/repairs per month but having the window units, and going into Fall is going to help greatly. My biggest concern ATM is ensuring the breaker is properly replaced so as to not cause further issues.
Ikcaj is offline   Reply With Quote