View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 02:16 PM   #3
quikduk

The ENGINE OIL FILTER is located below the turbo on the driver?s side of the engine, is heavy and holds about 2 quarts of oil. Change it out AFTER the engine oil pan is emptied.

The PRIMARY FUEL FILTER is located on the passenger?s side frame rail across from the engine fuel lift pump (middle of the engine block) and includes a water separator with drain.

The SECONDARY FUEL FILTER is located near the passenger?s side front top of the engine, just below the valve cover and the throttle cable linkage support plate. It is a bit difficult to get to and should be accessed from the bottom. I had to snake my hand/arm between the block and wiring harnesses in order to get to it.

Both filters need to be filled with "CLEAN-FILTERED" diesel fuel to overflowing before you screw the replacement filters back on to prevent needing to re-prime the fuel system. Some coaches have a "prime feature due to the electronic fuel pumps but mine is a Bosch mechanical unit so this is the best procedure I have found. It should also be noted that with ALL FILTERS, you should fill (if possible due to mounting location) them through the "side" holes and not the large middle mounting hole as this gives the filter media a chance to "pre-filter" the fluids prior to introduction to your fuel/oil/coolant system.

The "fuel lift pump" is shown in the last photo, just forward and above the oil pressure switch.