View Single Post
Old 09-13-2020, 03:16 PM   #10
Gemini John

So we did the Bulletproof oil cooler kit this spring while we hid under our rocks during the Dempanic. Decided to work with a Ford Diesel tech who was laid off and pull the heads, do the ARP studs and the stainless steel head gaskets. Local machine shop did the heads, re-assembled the engine and installed the oil cooler kit. Bullet proof didn't tell me it NOT for an AC vehicle, DUH!!! Luckily I had -12 AN hardware from a dry sump drag car and used the extra hoses and fittings to complete the job. Had to space the grill out to clear the oil cooler. But with all the heat this year it is a win win. 95 degree day, 10 hour tow to Martin Mich, Coolant temp 185 to 200, better power, fan clutch doesn't wail all the time and use economy to reduce downshifting. MP 8 controller and good to go. Now, time to remove the stock muffler. It's got the whoosh of a rusty internal and I'm sure there's power to be had without noise. next project. Cheers. John