View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 03:50 PM   #9
Sudsy

Default Pre-Chillin'

We don't "dry camp" at all. Well haven't yet but even so I have it parked at home right now with the fridge plugged in with an extension cord from the house. We store the coach about 5 miles away and when we are ready to go we bring it home and can plug in here. There will be 50 amp service very soon. So I let it run for days and filled the ice bucket with nice cubes. Unplugged it over night and checked about 4 pm the next day and still had plenty of solid ice and fog when I opened it up. It was about 97 deg here in Maryland for the past week. I had one ac unit running with a 20 amp circuit from the house. As a rule we only travel 4-5 hours a day so we should do just well and good. The hard Ice Cream is going to be reward enough! Ice and water on door a plus too. The generator runs fine for roadside quick stops. can get ice without even opening the freezer. First trip coming up soon. I went out and listened and it doesn't make much noise at all. I bet the Ice Maker will though.

Sudsy