View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 07:05 AM   #7
RJ82much

Just looked at your picture.... euwwww, nasty. The flowerpot won.

This is your large compaertment? Unless you are comfortable spending the kind of $'s mentioned (& I'm sure it will be at least what the other's have talked about), you might talk with a good auto body shop in your area, though I caution you that you will never be happy because it will never be perfect.

GS keeps that background color recipe secret (it's the same as mine) though the body shop will match it. I'm still not sure if the swirls are masked & painted, or "stickers", but the local shop that did mine merely matched the color, masked, & painted. Your real problem is the ding to the aluminum. The local shop may be able to repair it, perhaps fill it.

The unfortunate part is that the trim strip above your doors must be removed in order to access the hinge pin. (so they told me) All forward compartment doors must be removed in order to remove the damaged one. A local shop may be able to repair without removing the door.

It just seems like an awful lot of money for what amounts to a rolled piece of aluminum. That said, I'll never forget the sickening feeling when I did that to mine on my first trip out.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote