Thread: Batteries
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 10:50 PM   #16
proost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck55 View Post
My newest problem (on this piece of crap) is my coach battery keeps going dead. Put brand new one on it. Made trip and camped for 4 days. Started up fine. Brought it home. Started it every couple of days. Then didn’t start it for about a week. Brand new battery was dead. Coach has been plugged up the entire time. Everything is turned off. Only thing on is the propane sniffer but I think it runs off the house batteries and doesn’t have an on off switch

04 sun cruiser w 2 slides on a ford chassis.

I will never buy another gulf stream anything. I see now why they quit making Class A’s
Truck55 - do you have a trickle charger connected up to your chassis battery? I think that's what you're calling your coach. There is a slow loss on the chassis/engine batteries when they sit, even new ones and I had the same. I added a Keyline smart charger/trickle charger that I plug into one of the coach outlets so that when I plug the coach up in storage, the charger gets power and keeps the battery charged. You won't charge your chassis/engine battery by just plugging the coach in. Is that the answer you're looking for?

In my 07 Tourmaster, I have a chassis battery bank, a 12v coach bank to power my 12 systems in the coach, and a bank that is separate from the coach and provides 12v to the inverter up front. Confusing as hell!
proost is offline   Reply With Quote