View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 05:23 PM   #3
hossross

I just looked at the circuit diagram for 50 amp (doesnt give application years, but no inverter is shown so older than your unit) and it does not show a dedicated 110 circuit for the fridg. I assume that you have 1 side of the 220 is not connected.
With a 50 amp shore power, you have 2 - 110 feeds, I assume they split the 220 so each feed half of the electrical load. and that the converter (110AC to 12VDC), the fridg, and front lights are on the same 110 feed. The fuse panel says that the fridg and TV are on the same circuit, does your TV come on when plugged into shore power? I don't see any fuses only circuit breakers on the AC circuits.
Do you have the same problem when running off the generator (disconnect the shorepower) if you do then I would suspect the auto transfer relay is the problem or the problem is between the relay and the power panel.
Does the fridg stop immediately and the light go off or does it take a while to run down the 12 house battery ? Can you put a volt meter on the house batteries with the shorepower plugged in ? 1.-- if so check voltage with engine off, and no shorepower, 2.---- start engine and measure battery votage. ( should go from about 12.6 V to over 13+ condition #1 to #2) Turn off the vehicle engine, plug in shore power and remeasure battery voltage. From what you described I think you will not be charging batt with shore power, I assume the refridg is propane & 110, if it works on batt then it is getting the 12 V needed to turn on the propane valve.
hossross is offline   Reply With Quote