View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 09:29 AM   #5
Chuck v

Doyle,

Much of the discussion above is regarding identifying the DC to AC INVERTER which does not have any small fuses in its recommended installation wiring versus the DC CONVERTER that powers the lighting. I am attaching a Xantrex manual here for your convenience...most likely it is wired as in option 2 the way my Tour Master was.

If you are indeed talking about the much smaller converter (the device that charges the house battery when the shore power is connected and provides house lighting under those conditions...) which is usually found under the bed in the big coaches -- then the inline fuse might go to any small 12 volt lighting load, perhaps even the floor lights in the bedroom area. When a bulb burns out, it often goes through a short period of high current draw which might have taken out that fuse.

First thing to do is to check that all the 12 volt lights and loads are being powered now, and if any is not working try replacing the fuse with a 1/4 amp slow blow type. The circuit will still be protected sufficiently to determine if the fuse blows again or something that was not lighting up is now working. Good luck and let us know what you find.

Below is the manual I mentioned on the DC to AC Xantrex inverter Gulf Stream used on coaches of this vintage... Sorry, I don't have a manual at hand for the converter and its recommended wiring options.

Chuck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Xantrex_Freedom_458_owners_manual.pdf (594.0 KB, 19 views)

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote