View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 12:43 PM   #3
FreedMeister

Default Gulf Stream factory manuals are generic, at best

The factory manual available online is pretty useless if your are even vaguely familiar with motorhomes. Mostly all the legal stuff about propane, CO, overloading, following the instructions on each appliance. I've gone and pulled all the covers off, all the cabinet bottoms up, all the drawers out, and written down every model number, serial number, and location of the hidden goodies I found and spent the day online getting manufacturer's manuals, three hole punching them, and putting a binder together. Old school. Removed 3 mouse nests. None too nasty. One from the furnace, One under the drawers in the rear bedroom, and one in a wiring space behind an upper cabinet. Not a lot of mice damage, but I sucked out the ducts and every nook and cranny with the shop vac and hit everything with Lysol and Febreeze.

I found two cable splitters and mapped out the coaxial layout, including one dead end in the ceiling. I don't know how they "rejoin" coax. There are multiple feed-ins that end up coming out of the same jack. There must be at least 2 hidden cable joiners (signal combiners?) (Which I'm not sure I've ever seen) somewhere I didn't get access to, and I was pretty thorough in puling cabinets apart.

This rig seems pretty well built, for an RV, and I've only noted a few bad roof seems, holes in the fiberglass roof cloth here and there, and a bit of delamination in the rear wall, which looks to worked it's way up from the bottom, and nt down from the window seal. The bottom edge is not mechanically sound, so I'm re-laminating and using "Tek" screw to seal it up.Very strange things like bathroom vanity lights where the only switch is only accessible with the medicine cabinet door open and standing on tippy toes (short guy here). No other bathroom light can be reached easily. ALso this has a suburban 2 way water heater (I'm used to Atwood), and there is only an on/off switch inside for lighting off the propane. No electric element switch. Front and rear roof AC units each have their own thermostat and do not have their controls connected. One thermostat controls the front AC and the furnace, but runs the AC blower when the furnace runs (no apparent heat pump or strip heater option).
FreedMeister is offline   Reply With Quote