View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 09:16 PM   #17
mixinmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RY469 View Post
The converter/charger in your unit is designed for lead acid, including AGM batteries. It will bulk charge then settle down to float for maintaining your house batteries condition. So leaving your unit plugged in to shore power (with battery disconnect on . . . connected) will keep your house batteries happy. (Chassis batteries only charge with engine alternator, although engine can also charge house batteries while driving, if your isolator is installed correctly).

Worse thing one can do to these batteries is to allow them to discharge and sit. They will actually short themselves out internally and there's little chance of recovery. That's why even new RV's at Dealerships can have bad batteries.
Plan to use your batteries to no more than 50% discharge and keep them charged when you can.

I'm a Service Tech (at a Dealership). I (try to) wait until the customer is going to pick up the unit, before I put new batteries in (when practical that is).
So my newly purchased AGM Group 31 battery is good to go in a swap out with my old lead battery on a 2018 GS Vintage Cruiser 23RSS?
mixinmaster is offline   Reply With Quote