View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 07:10 PM   #89
David Bott

Hey all...For those not following our travel blog, I wanted to give an update...

Not having the best time I am sorry to say as we headed out for the first time this year. On our master slide at the top front inside it is digging into the metal when it expands out and meets the outside wall. When looked into, we found their was more of a problem then we had thought. Seeing it requires the slide out to be removed, yes, removed, our dealer really did not want mess with it. I can not blame them. So we were set to head north to Gulf Stream to fix that and also the rear slide. (Yes, from Jacksonville to the plant in IN.)

But wait, theirs more...We then have lost the power inverter AND the generator in the coach and not at the say time...a day apart! Get this...The authorized repair center for the inverter is in Orlando, we were in Jacksonville. So we left at 6AM to and arrived a 8:45. Ready...They Did Not Have The Part Needed! Well then we got ready to head out and found the generator was only putting out 4 volts. (vs 120v). So, we were lucky and PowerTech company was close by! So we called and....Ready...They Did Not Do Service On Fridays!

So we choose to start heading north vs spending the weekend in Orlando. As mentioned we are on the way to Gulf Stream in Nappanee, Indiana where the coach was built. At the Gulf Stream plant the inverter and generator can also be fixed, thus the reason we choose to head out and would stop at a max of 6 hours travel to plug in again. (The Tour Master has a 120v fridge and does not run on propane.)

All in all, here we go AGAIN! Or should we say STILL.

For those that were following our travels via our dash mounted web cam, sorry, but it does not work without the inverter when driving.
MBE900 Diesel (Mercedes)
08' Saturn Outlook Toad
"To Boldly Go...Because We Can!"
https://www.OutsideOurBubble.com
David Bott is offline   Reply With Quote