Thread: GS slide leak
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 12:10 PM   #5
bmojmhs

I have a 05 gasser with a leaky bedroom slide out. I'm currently in the Pacific Northwest, where it's wet and cold. We get the odd day of dry sunny weather, but it's few and far between. The water was coming in, on the right side, under the slide floor, dripping on to the floor, and pooling in the corner. I didn't't know if it was 1 leak or 2. I bought some weather proof tape and taped every joint on the box. Still leaked. I bough some Gorilla weather proof tape and taped over the roof joint sealants across the back and up the right side of the roof (thinking 1 of the leaks maybe coming from there). Still leaked. Last week I went to what was once the "Dollar Store" and bought a shower curtain liner. I put it across the roof of the box and my leak has stopped. Water pools on the liner but no leak.

I have to replace the slide topper awning.When I take it off I will coat the EPDM roof material with a rubber coating, Plas-T-Coat or something similar. It will be late March, or April before the weather will be good enough to do the work.

A leaky roof was a new one for me, so don't overlook it if you have a leak.
bmojmhs is offline   Reply With Quote