Thread: GS slide leak
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 06:42 AM   #9
Gingersdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searay View Post
I have a 2003 GS 8353 that is leaking water on the right side of the bed. I have had it at the dealership 4 times trying to locate the water leak. It does not matter if the slide is open or closed I still get the same leak... carpet gets wet next to the double sinks and water pools on the Floor. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I chased a leak for months. After numerous unsuccessful attempts to caulk the right spot, I tapped every seam in the area of the leak with painters tape and waited for the rain. Only after I was no longer leaking with the painters tape up there, I started caulking. I took my time with Through The Roof caulk from Lowe’s. I would remove the tape, remove ALL the old caulk, and cleaned it really well with alcohol. I then tapped off each sides of the seam leaving only the area to be caulked exposed. I then pushed the caulk in the seam as much as I could, followed by a bead of caulk on, and smooth it out. Do small areas at a time. Then remove the tape. I'm the worlds worse caulker. I could never get it to look good. This way I could take my time and do it well. It came out well in all but a few spots. Go on YouTube and look at how a pro caulks his RVs. That helped. Best of luck to you!!!!
Gingersdad is offline   Reply With Quote