View Single Post
Old 04-05-2023, 10:12 AM   #4
Chuckles

Default Phantom Current Drain

Quote:
Originally Posted by THenne1713 View Post
Easiest way to find aphantom load is start pulling fuses. You sounded like you were describing my Conquest 6266, and if similar, the solenoid is the EMERGENCY START, (BOOST) and YES, requires CONTINUOUS DUTY RATED. The CHARGE solenoid activated by IGN=ON is under hood, on firewall, forward o driver on Ford chassis. YES, solenoids do go bad, CAN stick closed, or controls switch go bad/ SHORT/ OPEN, or they can CLUNK, but NOT connect. re: Load, what about CARGO BAY LIGHTS, or LP ALARM, OR LP SOLENOID (if equipped?)
?
Thanks, but I pulled all fuses last year with no luck. I replaced the solenoid/relay underneath the stairwell and it works, tested that by the using Emergency Start switch and hearing the loud click. I had to buy a new AGM battery and installed it yesterday and topped it off. When I disconnected AC Power, I still read 0.66A current drain with everything off. I found out from an RV buddy that there's a 5-min delay or more when starting the engine before that same relay kicks in to charge the coach battery while driving. This is done to make sure starter battery and alternator are "warmed up" before adding the other battery.

I'm gonna check the drain again after I make sure everything (propane detector, TV (I thinks it's AC though), etc. etc. Thanks for reading my post. We'll see what I read after I verify everything is off again. BTW, the drain reading is accurate since I'm using the Victron SmartShunt.

Chuck
Chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote