View Single Post
Old 04-05-2023, 11:51 AM   #5
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
Thanks, but I pulled all fuses last year with no luck. I replaced the solenoid/relay underneath the stairwell and it works, tested that by the using Emergency Start switch and hearing the loud click. I had to buy a new AGM battery and installed it yesterday and topped it off. When I disconnected AC Power, I still read 0.66A current drain with everything off. I found out from an RV buddy that there's a 5-min delay or more when starting the engine before that same relay kicks in to charge the coach battery while driving. This is done to make sure starter battery and alternator are "warmed up" before adding the other battery.

I'm gonna check the drain again after I make sure everything (propane detector, TV (I thinks it's AC though), etc. etc. Thanks for reading my post. We'll see what I read after I verify everything is off again. BTW, the drain reading is accurate since I'm using the Victron SmartShunt.

Chuck
re: <<found out from an RV buddy that there's a 5-min delay or more when starting the engine before that same relay kicks in to charge the coach battery while driving. This is done to make sure starter battery and alternator are "warmed up" before adding the other battery.>>

THIS Is true ONLY in (some systems) that use a BIM w/ TIME DELAY RELAY; My 2000 Conquest has no BIM, just IGN control of CHARGE solenoid and Manual switch for BOOST. The time delay is required for large, multi-battery class-A, where that surge voltage dip can cause SOLENOID CHATTER.

and the SOLENOID CLUNK is NOT a test if you are not monitoring voltage/ change w/ CLUNK, because they can CLUNK< but NOT connect.

and (some steps) will have a LIGHT below step that maybe ON, that you do NOT notice in daylight? Good Luck.