View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 05:10 PM   #4
Texas TC

Default Re: Final suspension upgrade SuperNova (Road King shocks)

The Roadking shocks arrived yesterday from California. I started the installation at about 1 o'clock CDT and completed it by myself at around 3. The hardest part was getting the nuts broke loose from the bolts. After I did that on all four, it was a piece of cake.

Today, I took a short drive up to Oklahoma and back (about a 100 miles round trip). I really love these shocks. The first thing I noticed was how stable the coach felt. In corners, it no longer tries to lean as it did before. Next, the float or porpoising is GONE. Hit a wavy place in the road and the coach remains settled with no bounce at all.

I drove up and back mostly with only my left hand on the wheel. I was driving the speed limit of 70 and the coach felt great. There was a slight wind coming back and passing semi's was not noticeable though that has never been a real issue with the International chassis.

Having said all the things I like about these shocks, they may not be for everyone. First of all, they are danged expensive, $750.00 delivered to my door. Second, they take all the harsh bumps out of the road but leave you with some of the "feel" of the road. The tires stay flat on the pavement which means I did feel some of the small divots in the pavement but not of the washes or bumps. Kinda weird.

For me, I am extremely pleased and would do it again. I just wanted to put the road "feel" caviet in there so you would all know that you are not riding on a cloud. I feel the combination of the Roadking shocks and ACE suspension system is a perfect marriage.

Below you can see the beefy size of these things and shots of them installed on my International chassis:

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote