View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 02:59 PM   #7
proost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dune rider View Post
Hey everyone I’ve exhausted all my contacts regarding the 140-1179 power gear control module. M&M no longer fix that model. Does anyone have a replacement unit or ideas on a repair. It’s in a 2006 GS Freindship G7 with manual gear. Also my front slides act like they are on circuit breakers. It takes three or four tries to get them in or out but eventually they will get there. I bought the unit used with no manuals but have done extensive research online and cannot figure it out. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
P/S after looking at wiring schematics, is there a possibility of making it automatic with a new controller and module.... anybody try that?
Hey Dune rider,

Had the same issue and after COUNTLESS hours of searching and working with Lippert, in short, nope. You are doing the same thing I did and thought that based on the schematics, it should be doable, but the guts of the touch pads are all different even though the wiring looks the same. I went around the block with Lippert ace tech on this. I have a Tourmaster T40A and ultimately, we replaced the entire system from touch pad to hydraulic manifold with a new system and it is a DREAM. I have hydraulic jacks so they stayed and that was an actual challenge because many new systems have spring returns.

I have my old 140-1179 and hydraulic manifold that I'll ultimately sell off for parts.

Lastly, M&M said they are working on a generic replacement to the 140-1179 made in house because it was a particular chip they couldn't replace. They thought that maybe they would have something by the end of the year. Did they say anything to you about that?

Let me know if you need more information on what I replaced my system with.
proost is offline   Reply With Quote