View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 01:39 PM   #18
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dune rider View Post
Hey everyone I’ve exhausted all my contacts regarding the 140-1179 power gear control module. M&M no longer fix that model. Does anyone have a replacement unit or ideas on a repair. It’s in a 2006 GS Freindship G7 with manual gear. Also my front slides act like they are on circuit breakers. It takes three or four tries to get them in or out but eventually they will get there. I bought the unit used with no manuals but have done extensive research online and cannot figure it out. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
P/S after looking at wiring schematics, is there a possibility of making it automatic with a new controller and module.... anybody try that?
A few generic thoughts: 1) Levelers are binding (bent or needs lube?); 2) Contacts/ contactor/ switches intermittent and need replaced?; 3) Loose wires/ bad connections dropping voltage/ arcing? 4) Low/ bad battery or battery will not handle load properly? 5) If equipped with auto-reset circuit breakers, circuit breakers maybe tripping/ resetting at lower than rated (need replaced)? Start w/ a good, close visual inspection of all components?