View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 09:35 AM   #3
henryj

There are two kill switches in front of the passenger seat. One is for the coach and one is for the chassis. The problem started when our coach electrical system went dead. An RV technician said it had to do with those kill switches and he put a jumper wire across one of the solenoids in the back. He said that would disable the kill switches, but that would not be a problem if we kept it plugged in when parked. The next technician said the jumper wire was not necessary and he removed it. Some time later the whole coach electrical system went dead again, so we put the jumper wire back on. The next technician tried to track down the problem and said it was in the kill switch panel. He removed the panel but it would not pull out more than a couple of inches. One of the wires to that panel was just laying there and he said he didn't know where it went without a wiring schematic of that panel. He was going to come back but I haven't been able to get him to return any of my calls (I hope he's ok). Yesterday, my brother-in-law, who is an RV technician, talked me through some trouble-shooting (remotely). There is a circuit breaker in the back that does not register on the voltmeter and he thinks that's because of that loose wire in the back of the kill switch panel. So he also thinks we need to find the wiring schematic for that panel to make sure that loose wire gets connected to the right spot. Thanks for replying - hope this helps. -Jim
henryj is offline   Reply With Quote