View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 05:30 PM   #10
Chuck v

Jim,

Sorry to have been using the wrong first name in my earlier posts,and I guess Henry is probably your last name.

Yes, it is a small world!! I did quite a number of upgrades to that coach and hope you were made aware of them...here is a short list of the important ones.
1. Replaced the original inverter with a Magnum true sine wave model
2. Replaced the front TV with a 4K HDTV in a larger size
3. Replaced the stock stereo amp with newer Sony receiver/blu-ray player with all HDMI connectivity.
4. Replaced the state room TV with a bigger HDTV and local DVD player
5. Replaced the original washer with a multi-cycle Maytag unit.
6. Added watering system to the front generator/inverter batteries and the main house batteries. Be sure to top off the water at least every 3 to 4 months or so. All batteries including the diesel starting batteries were replaced shortly before I sold the unit in 2018... I also added a high quality float charger to the Chassis battery stack so it remains charged when on shore power.

7. Replaced all 6 tires with new quality tires about a year or so before that. You will likely never wear out the tread on the tires -- just replace them every 8 to 10 years at a maximum.

I have a comment on the issue you have been having with the disconnect relays -- I suspect that the root cause was not the loose wire (which is an artifact of the removal of the panel and tugging enough to have the connector come loose off the switch terminal...) but rather a failed latching relay. After reattaching the wire where it should be, you will very likely find that the chassis latching relay is failing. A good diagnostic method is to test the relay by applying 12 volts to the "latch on" and "latch off" terminals in turn to see if it cycles correctly.

Just like with a regular house, there are maintenance items to be attended to with a big diesel pusher coach. Add to that the vehicle maintenance and periodic service associated with a vehicle. But it is all worth it...I very much enjoyed the time I spent with this fine coach.

Let me know if you have any questions about the coach you "wished you could ask the owner" when changes were made...I should be able to recall a lot of it. There was a large file of documentation that went with the coach -- hopefully you got all of that.

Happy camping!!

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote