View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 10:43 PM   #12
Chuck v

Jim,

Yes, I bought those tires at Les Schwab and was surprised to see the date codes showed they had them in inventory for more than a year before they were installed...maybe you got the Schwab guarantee paperwork I believe I left with Greg Davis when I sold the rig to him. The tires never have had much UV exposure as I had tire covers for them...but a maximum of a 10 year replacement cycle is a good practice to stick to in any case.

The main heater was having an issue staying lit, but I thought Greg had that fixed...glad to hear you got it sorted. Never had an issue with the wipers, but the washers were not very reliable and the fittings/hoses were starting to show signs of weathering.

Sorry to hear of the transmission computer issue -- that does sound expensive. Allison is pretty proud of their stuff and even the periodic trans fluid change is a bit of a sticker shock due to the number of quarts needed.

The main slide has had a slow drift for the entire time I owned the rig. I looked into getting it fixed, but read that most of the techs had a hard time getting all the drift out. I am attaching a document that may help you test it all -- if it is not a leaking valve it may be the cylinders themselves and that is something you have to decide to fix or accommodate like so many other owners have. See the discussion beginning on page 27 of the attached...

The bay door latches should be adjustable...make sure the strike of the movable latch on the door lines up with the loop on the door frame. If the loop is misaligned, the strike will ride on the side leg and not latch reliably.

Chuck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Parts_Serv_Man_Dewald_Hyd_Slideout_Sys.pdf (1.09 MB, 16 views)

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote