View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 10:57 AM   #15
proost

Oh! I had a blast reading this thread. It feels like we’re the only Tour Master owners or former owners that are out there even though I know that’s not the case! We have been full-time on the road in our 2007 T40A for a year and a half and have owned the rig for 2 1/2 years and could not be happier. They are well-built but like any other RV, they need maintenance. We have seen only one other on the road.

Jim - sounds like you are working the bugs out of the rig. Depending on how many miles Greg drove since he bought it from Chuck, may tell you whether the coach sat for a while and as we all know, RVs don’t like to sit. Congrats on purchase

For the tires, I have been told that six years is the safe maximum life of an installed tire. When I bought my rig, I had some Les Schwab-installed Double Coin tires installed and they had sat on the shelf there for two years. I had to produce paperwork to show Firebird Tire in Phoenix that the tires had only been installed for four years. The following year, I replaced all of my tires with Sumitomo tires which Firebird swears by. I did this because I noticed some cracking on the side walls My philosophy is that you can never be too conservative on ensuring that your tires are in good condition.

Chuck, thanks so much for sticking with this board and being the sound and voice of experience with these rigs. You know I have used you countless times to help me with mine.

-Phil
proost is offline   Reply With Quote