View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 11:48 AM   #10
MLynch

Absolutely. I put an e-mail in to Pauline Tibbs (S.E Regional customer service person at Gulf Stream). I'll give her a call on Monday as well. I'm hoping that we can build a punch list of all the outstanding items and maybe drop the rv off at Longview, for an extended period of time, to get everything fixed. I've seen several good recommendations regarding that service center and it looks to be just on the other side of alligator alley; a nice weekend trip.

My main concern is the underlying integrity of the non-exposed metal parts that might have taken on some water that just stayed there. I don't want a rust bucket inside that looks good on the surface. I've used stuff like POR-15 (www.por15.com) on such surfaces before to make the surface impermeable to rust.....but shops typically don't do the job the way that we would if we had the time and specialized expertise to do it ourselves.

I guess I'll press as hard as I can come Monday, and we'll take things in stride as the repairs get done (and get done under the warranty).

Best regards,
Mike
MLynch is offline   Reply With Quote