View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 10:50 AM   #4
Luckiest Dreamer

Gas and electric switches are separate. The one for electric will have a light that stays on when it is turned on. Where the manufacturer locates the switches is always different in the models. The gas valve on the water heater is controlled by 12V and the electric element is 110V, therefore the separate switch. If you are using gas to heat the water there is no need to have the 110v switch on and vice, versa. However you must have water in the tank when you have the switch on. The electric element will burn out almost immediately if there is no water! The 110V does require there to be an electric source, you must be plugged in to shore power or be running a generator. A large inverter may be enough to heat the element, but I doubt it.
As for the refrig I will not be much help. Once you have determined that you have power to it or the gas is flowing I am done. I do know that when we had our 5th wheel it has a control pad that would switch back and forth from gas to electric as needed. At times the gas would have a problem if there was an air bubble or the tank was low. Giving it another try was at times succesful. Check on the mfg web page or on the paperwork that came with the coach for a trouble shooting guide.