Thread: Flying J
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 09:16 PM   #10
RayChez1

Default Re: Flying J

NO, it is not free. The way it works, you buy into a membership. There are different types so you got to be careful what you buy into. We figured when we first bought our first motorhome that we better join some kind of membership or else it was going to get too expensive. When we retired we bought us a gasoline motorhome and found out real quick that paying rv parks average $40.00 per day would come out to around $1200.00 per month. So I looked around and decided to join ThousandTrails for $4000.00. We got the membership that would allow us to have a place to stay nationwide. So we took off from California on a six month trip to the east coast and back. The membership payed for itself on that six month trip. So then we up graded to a diesel pusher and we also upgraded our membership to where we could staty 21 days continues and then go to another TT preserve. In other words we could stay year round if we wanted to moving from one preserve to the other every 21 days. It is called Platnuim membership. I paid another $3400.00 for the upgrade. We really like it because you don't have to move as often. It is perfect for full timers, but we got two houses so we also use the house in California and let my son use the one in Florida. So total was an investment of 7K and it has more then paid for itself in eight years we have been traveling around the country. Not only that your kids can also use the membership if they like camping. The only thing I pay now is $400.00 per year in dues. Which is nothing once you get the initial membership. Some buy memberships from people that have passed on and you can get them at a very good price. Some get them through Ebay. You can get some for just hundreds of dollars, but be sure to read the contract that you are getting because some will only allow you to stay like 50 days a year.
Good luck.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote