View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 10:11 AM   #5
RJ82much

My Sun Voyager came with an Everpure water filter cartridge. The owner?s guide claims the charcoal filter will remove chlorine as well as all the other ?stuff?.

At season startup, a common ?shock? sanitizing procedure is used. The amount of chlorine is 6 oz (2/3 cup) per 10 gallons. I don?t believe you expose your filter to that concentration. This concentration gets flushed out before connecting the filter.

Everpure?s day-to-day drinking water process is called superchlorination. Common household bleach (unfragranced) is added at approximately a teaspoonful per 10 gallons. They suggest checking the chlorine level with their test kit, but I?m guessing it is the same as a common swimming-pool test kit available at your Wal-Mart. You are merely looking for a residual which the charcoal will remove before it flows into your drinking glass.

The ?trick? (& burning question) is how to easily & reliably introduce a measured quantity of bleach into the drinking water tank each time you fill up. I am looking to find a source for nonsterile, blunt tip or tapered tip 60ml syringes (non-medical). A tee-tap (w/shut-off) & couple feet of plastic line into the water tank vent line should work & be convenient enough to do standing up, outside the compartment door!

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote